It’s no secret that we are a nation obsessed with our pets, which is why we have partnered with Carrie, the author of ‘The Selfie Book’ to create a list of tips to help owners secure the perfect pet selfie aka ‘The Pelfie’. We’ve even recruited Instagram doggy star @Brunotheminidachshund to bring these tips to life in true doggy style and show us how it’s done! 🐶
Pelfie Top Tips
1. The sleeping together pelfie (aka the Zzzelfie) is the perfect way to show your vulnerable sides – pose this way for the ultimate awww factor.
2. Feeling shy? The Pet ‘photo bomb’ makes your pet the star of the show, and will make your followers laugh along the way, too!
3. Match your poses to really stand out from the crowd; tongues lolling or heads tilted – these little gestures will really help show your similarities.
4. Bursts are your best friend – we all know our pets are a rule unto themselves, so don’t miss a thing by using the burst function – then choose the best at your leisure.
5. Grab some props and get creative – bow ties, hats, sunglasses – nothing says diva more than a pet donning a tux or sporting a sparkly jacket.
6. Want to be really wacky? Then download a faceswap app. Grab your pet, say cheese, and share the hilarious results.
7. The key to classic Pelfie perfection is to match up your eye lines – keep the camera at eye level, and put yourselves in the centre of the frame – the results should swell any heart.
8. There’s nothing cuter than a throwback to those puppy years. Hijack the popular hashtag #TBT and remind followers of your pup’s awwwdorable history.
9. Cuddles! Your followers want to see how close you are, so share the love with plenty of cuddly poses – snuggle up and snap away.
10. Look behind you. Give your followers context by making sure you share a little bit of the background – it you’re out for walkies, get a bit of the landscape in the frame.
Visit Snapfish UK to turn your ‘Pelfie’ photos into beautiful personalised products that you can cherish forever. You can even add pet embellishments to your photo gifts to make it pawsitively pawesome!
Feeling inspired? Then share your ‘Pelfies’ using #MyBestPelfie