This year Halloween falls on a weekend which would usually mean big parties and trick-or-treating late into the night. However, Halloween is looking quite different this year, due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. While we might not be able to go all out this year, it doesn’t mean we can’t still dress up and have fun! So, whether your costume contest is virtual or socially distanced, we’ve got some quick and easy ideas for you.
Frightfully Fun Face Masks
We’re already used to wearing masks this year, so it should be no problem sporting personalised face masks with your costume as well. You may remember we wrote a blog on how you can design a mask with your own smile. You can use those same instructions and create a mask with your chosen character’s smile.
If you’re not feeling really creative and just want to buy a pre-made design, we’ve got you covered! With over 100 custom face mask designs you’re sure to find something you can coordinate with a costume. We have plenty of animal faces you can choose from, as well as masks with fangs, moustaches, sugar skulls, x-rays, or monster masks.
Need more ideas for a Halloween costume? Try and incorporate photo prints + posters into your outfit!
- For this first idea you’ll need to find an old umbrella around the house.
- Now, print photos of your favourite celebrity heartthrobs and attach the photos to your umbrella with clear thread.
- You now have an “It’s Raining Men” costume!
Make sure you use your free monthly prints credit with the Snapfish app!
Want a get-up that’s a real masterpiece?
- Print out a poster-sized version of famous artwork like Mona Lisa, American Gothic, or The Scream and attach an old antique looking frame.
- Cut out a space to insert your face or head.
- Apply the appropriate makeup and clothing and you’ve now become a work of art.
If you have one of our photo blankets laying around the house, you’ll love this couple’s costume idea. To recreate, you’ll need two of our custom face masks with the piglet design, two sets of pig ears, and pink clothing. Now wrap yourselves in the blanket and you’ve become “Pigs in a Blanket”.
With our personalised beach towels, you can transform yourself into any numbers of superheroes with capes.
- Just print off their insignia onto a towel with the appropriate colours.
- For a more creepy costume, use a black towel as a cape, add in our fangs face mask, and dress up in your best black trousers and dress shirt.
- Similarly, you could create a towel cape for a wicked witch or warlock.
Here’s a costume idea that’s a real winner.
- You’ll need two decks of playing cards, a stapler, and fabric or paper to make a template.
- Measure your neck and cut out a template.
- Now you can staple the playing cards to the template to create a collar.
- Just add in a regal gown and heart accessories and you’ve become the Queen of Hearts.
- You can really get creative and create your own playing card fascinator too.
We hope your Halloween is filled with all treats and no tricks this year! If you end up using one of these ideas for your costume, please share your spooky creations with us on social media. Just tag @snapfishuk on Instagram or Facebook with photos or use the hashtag #snapfishuk. You can also follow us on YouTube, Twitter and Pinterest, too!