Get creative and add a touch of fun to the Christmas festivities with a seasonal photoshoot.
Taking inspiration from the ever-popular festive celebrity snaps, get creative this Christmas and make your own set of personalised Photo Cards! A jolly photo shoot is the perfect recipe to get the family together and make beautiful memories to document year after year. Trumping bog-standard shop bought cards, a personalised card is certain to make it to the front of everyone’s mantelpiece and with our creative tips, just about anybody can take that perfect festive family photo!
🎄 8 Creative Tips to Shoot the Perfect Christmas Family Photo 🎁️
1. Get an extra pair of hands. Rounding up the troops for a family shoot is tricky enough without the added stress of positioning the camera, setting the timer and then sprinting back into position. Grab a friend or neighbour to play director, you can always return the favour to spread some Christmas cheer!
2. Lighting, crucial to any photoshoot, it’s the trickiest of elements to get right. Natural light is your best friend, so if you’re indoor, set up near a window to take full advantage of the winter sunshine.
3. Look the part! Matching accessories will add a touch of festive fun and help take your shots to the next level; think Santa hats, woolly reindeer jumpers, or even matching Christmas mugs!
4. Prop it up. Christmas is all about fun, so why not jazz things up with a few Christmassy props? Your family photoshoot doesn’t need to rely on the house being transformed into Santa’s Grotto or a Winter Wonderland – a few tinsel touches or the odd sprig of mistletoe will do the trick.
5. Pets complete your family! So whilst your puppy may be hell bent on getting his teeth around the fairy lights, including them in will be well worth the hassle when you see the finished result. (See Tip 6 for how to do this!)
6. Rewards (also known as bribery!) are the easiest way to keep pets and children interested! Guarantee their full attention throughout the photo shoot by keeping a suitable stash of treats to hand. (But keep them in separate bags… Health and Safety!)
7. Tell a Story. Snapping people when they least expect it often results in the best photographs. So tell a funny joke or encourage them to, and be ready to capture candid, relaxed moments instead of saying ‘cheese’ and hoping for a few stiff grins.
8. Keep it fun! Your family shoot doesn’t have to be a solemn occasion. Get everyone involved in the planning process and encourage them to contribute their ideas to make for a happy, relaxed atmosphere and a truly memorable shot.
*BONUS TIP* When creating your Christmas card don’t forget to add extra snapshots to the inside of the card. Maybe use the inside to share your funny outtakes.
Now you’re armed with all 8 top tips on taking the perfect Christmas card photo, have fun creating your personalised card on Snapfish.