As Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, we thought we’d share the love with some Valentine’s inspiration. Follow these 10 simple steps to create delicious biscuits your Valentine will love:
Ingredients for biscuits
- 100g soft unsalted butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 medium free-range egg (lightly beaten)
- 275g plain flour
- 1tsp vanilla
Ingredients for decorating
- 225g icing sugar
- 2-3tbsp water
- 3-4 drops of food colouring
- Fun decorations
1. Preheat your oven to 190C / 375F /Gas 5. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper
2. Cream the sugar and butter together in a bowl.
3. Gradually beat in the vanilla extract and egg, until the mixture is well combined.
4. Sift the flour into the mixture, and stir until it comes together as a dough.
5. Lightly flour your work surface and roll out the dough to a thickness of around 1cm.
6. Use your heart shaped biscuit cutters to cut biscuit out of the dough and place carefully onto your baking tray.
7. Bake your biscuits in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until pale golden brown.
8. Set your biscuits on a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
9. Once your biscuits are cool enough to decorate; make the icing. Sift the icing sugar into a bowl, and gradually add the water (you do not want your icing too runny). Mix in your food colouring.
10. Use a knife to spread the icing onto the biscuits, and have fun decorating with your Valentines initials, love hearts, 100’s and 1000’s – you choose !
TOP TIP: Keep adding drops of food colouring to your icing, so you have a range of different shades.
To create the perfect paid of presents, make your Valentine a personalised photo mug, so once they’ve eaten the biscuits they have a gift that keeps on giving!
What did you create on Snapfish? Share it with us on social media! You can tag us with @snapfishuk in your photos on Instagram or Facebook or use the hashtag #snapfishuk. Don’t forget to follow us on YouTube, Twitter and Pinterest, too. We love seeing what you create.